But be transformed by the renewing of your minds...

Friday, October 7, 2011

The Obama Post

I'm sorry if it's politically incorrect to say this, but Obama may not have done much right, but he was right about the fact that it is time for a change. And I don't just mean the country. How long has it been since you took a chance? Or has the economy got everyone too scared to take chances? When was the last time you did something you LOVED to do instead of something you HAD to do? And why did we start settling less than happiness? I'm not so naive as to say that everyone is going to be happy 100% of the time. That's simply unrealistic. But when did we start forgetting to take in the simply pleasures in everything that when all added together made us happy? Why did we allow television to become our entertainment instead of letting our entertainment be going over to a friend's house and enjoying their company? Does anyone else miss the simplicity of life that we've seemed to have lost? All I see today is technological advancement. Men and women walking around with the newest iTech, if you will, or the newest Lambo, or BMW. I miss the simplicity. Even now, this seems entirely hypocritical seeing as I'm typing this on a laptop, in a Starbucks, listening to Acapella music on my iTouch 4thGen. Yes, I know. Stab the hypocrite, but hey. I'm also a broke college student who has come from humble beginnings and knows which side of the tracks she was raised on. God be with your thoughts today. I hope you look for Him in your everyday life like I try to do. Because those who seek, they do find. =] Go with God

No comments:

Post a Comment