But be transformed by the renewing of your minds...

Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Journey of a Thousand Miles

Tomorrow is the big day! I move into my new apartment with Cherish tomorrow! I'm so excited. I can't wait to start a new adventure out on my own. This is going to be fun! And yes. To all of you who are wondering, all my sentences must end in an excaimation point!
I am a little sad about leaving my family, but I'm not too far from them so I can visit often. I am definitely ready to start to move on with certain aspects of my life. Things have been stressful lately, this whole moving out thing did not help on that front at all. However, I am hoping that certain things will close themselves with time and distance.
At times like these, I like to think about Deuteronomy 31:6
"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you."
It's hard to remain hesitant about anything when reminded of this verse. My mom always quotes Romans with "if God is for us, who can be against us." Thanks to my upbringing, I feel confident that this next year is going to be a very differnt experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment